July 1, 2011

10 Things I want to do before I Graduate from BMM

  • WRITE a book
    It could be short stories or a novel ,but creating a story is something I've always wanted to do,but being a huge thing am scared to take it up.I've been reading a lot of Indian writing lately and this in a way has made me more keener on working upon a book soon .Someday I will!!

  • Start a JOURNAL!!

    How I wish I would've done that since the first year of college, I would have something amazing to read throughout my latter years in life!! But better late than never, I hope to start writing one for the third year in college....And even otherwise, I want to jot down things happening in a diary, something I can look back at and see how much I've changed throughout the years.

  • Make a MOVIE

    And not for an assignment , but for myself. I want to make a short film and a still movie, and I want to write the script and shoot them myself.I love documentaries and also adaptations of short stories into films.I recently read "Stuck on you" a short story by Jeffery Archer ,from his book "and thereby hangs a tale" which was a good compilation of short stories.I wish I could make a movie on something like that.As mentioned earlier, I want to make a still movie on life at the traffic signals in Mumbai , kids who live on the street and their take on life and what they wish to make of it.

  • Make a TRAVELOGUE

    I would love to make a travelogue .Traveling is something I've always wanted to do, and this year I'l be lucky enough to visit north India and *maybe* make a travelogue :D

  • READ a lot of books and watch at least a MOVIE a day!!

    I feel I read way to less than I should. Sure, I have my favorite blogs that I browse trough daily, but I don't read a lot of books . I am very particular ,selective rather, about what I read. Hence, I pick up books but don't finish them if the writing style doesn't appeal to me,no matter how brilliantly the book would progress later on! (Bad,i know !! ) I want to watch more movies ! And expand the genre of movies that I watch,step out of my comfort zone, if you will. I am selective ,again, when it comes to movies. I don't prefer action or sci-fi, though I love a good psychological thriller.

  • Experiment with PHOTOGRAPHY
    I am waiting, with bated breath ,*literally* for my DSLR ! And I am soooo gonna exploit that baby once it comes to me! I love clicking pictures and I would love taking trips just for clicking pictures. I love black and white photography and clicking still life . I could make photography a habit ,gladly!!

  • Start BLOGGING regularly
    And by regular I do not mean once a week!! More like alternate days.... I want to have a blog that is read, spoken and debated about, for good or for worse.I want to have more range of topics to write quality content on and find things that inspire me enough to make time from my erratic schedule and do the one thing that I love....WRITE!!! As I write this, I feel immensely  stupid because a voice within me says "WHAT'S STOPPING YOU THEN ??!!!"...wish I knew..*Sighs*

  • Entering a COLLEGE FEST and participating in every event that you can think of!

    I have done this once before, just entering competitions without having a proper idea of what was to be expected. Me and a friend entered this event, that ended up being like a detective investigation sort of thing and guess what??? We won the second prize and 500 bucks *flashes a broad smile*. I want to enter into more writing/advertising /photography contests and I swear I will before next year!

  • Work as an INTERN with a good magazine/Advertising agency

    I would KILL for an internship with a magazine like Vogue or any life style magazine for that matter. Working with a magazine is a dream....the hustle bustle,deadlines and chaotic-ness of putting together an issue with every minute detail in place fascinates me . I won't deny I have moments where I watch documentaries on Vogue and dream about of being one of those people who contribute in compiling one the MOST successful magazines ever. I also love channels that focus on travel and life of people along the world. If I had no ties what so ever, I would LOVE to be a part of a travel channel. The experience is something else altogether. The part of advertising that appeals to me is copyrighting.I love the wittiness that comes with the job. Thinking on your feet and the kind of innovation that the job demands, is something I would love to do. I have a love for the hectic and crazy kinda life. The busier, the better. Personally, I do not think being a work-a-holic is a bad thing, in fact if there is any part of your life which makes you so passionate, you should give it your all, while you can. I wish I get to do that, someday!

  • Learn GUITAR!!!!

    This probably has NO connection what-so-ever with BMM but it's high time that I learn how to play! Considering that (hopefully) I will have a hectic life after I'm a graduate, I want to  HAVE TO find time to learn guitar!!


    1 comment: