November 30, 2011

Cactus

First of firsts , you are the the epicenter of it all,
You planted the seed, spread out your branches and made yourself larger than life.
You made me grow, I made you grow too, we grew together, we were to grow together,
I picked up the axe, we saw cracks, you chopped, we collapsed....
You thought I'd lie there in the remains, I stepped over it and I stepped out,
I could feel you looking back despite the blurriness and I could feel myself looking away,
I turn my gaze, live something new, breathe a new air, feel the unfamiliar,
They think I'd isolate but I strayed, I put on a shield while they thought I'd break...
A new hand held , a new lie told, a new smile faked and when the new became old,
it slipped away and made way for the downfall.....
Who thought it would beat just when it wasn't supposed to,
Who knew this was what it would take destroy what they felt was already broken.... 
They say if it's not killing you it will make you stronger,
Who knew stronger would become this bad a thing?
The shield is stronger, the boundary is clearer, the loneliness feels sane, the emptiness feels complete.
Making sense out of patterns of smoke to trace something familiar,
The taste that was meant to remain has disappeared,
The escapes escape you in the end, everything you run away from finds and surrounds you when you fall,
when everything collapses, I r'ber you were there when life started it all........

2 comments: